Position Title: Customer Service Representative (Inbound)
Department: GLODirect Contact Center
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Location: GLO HQ - New York, NY
GLO Science, an innovative, fast-paced, and quickly growing entrepreneurial oral care company based in NYC, is seeking a smiling, helpful, and highly responsive self-starter to serve as a Customer Service Representative for its retail channel.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator who can make his or her smile, enthusiasm, and genuine desire to help shine through any communications vehicle (phone, chat, email). S/he understands how to use questions and active listening skills to solve customer problems in a positive way, building the GLO brand and providing the best customer service out there.
The GLO Science Customer Service Representative position provides an exciting opportunity to gain real-world experience in building a groundbreaking smile brand that makes a difference in people’s lives and that has a non-profit foundation, GLO Good, at its core. The right candidate is excited to be involved in building a business that bridges the gap between beauty and health with a focus on the smile and that has a unique multi-channel approach including both the professional and consumer. Due to the company’s size and growth, there is an opportunity to make a real impact quickly and to help shape the way we approach customer service.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aim for immediate response to all customer inquiries and requests and make sure that nothing falls through the cracks
- When a problem can’t be solved immediately, ensure proactive and timely follow up and resolution
- Recognize and take advantage of upsell opportunities when appropriate
- Minimize cancellations and returns through problem solving, troubleshooting, and excellent customer care
- Go the extra mile to ensure a positive customer experience and provide excellent customer service with a personal touch
- Proactively suggest and implement (with approval) improvements to customer service protocols and practices – if you see that something isn’t working, share with management and work together on a solution
- Have a solid understanding of the GLO retail and professional product lines
- Track all customer and consumer interactions using the appropriate CRM tool
- Provide regular reports to management on customer service trends and areas for improvement
- Process online orders from consumers to confirm they are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Provide general office support when and as needed
- Be a smiling, passionate, and upbeat ambassador for the GLO Science brand and products
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Customer-service oriented mindset
- Professional, upbeat, positive, and helpful phone and online presence
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Accurate and efficient data entry
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic computations
- Emotional intelligence – ability to connect with and understand customer needs and fulfill them!
- Customer service experience with upsell/cross-sell experience a plus
- CRM experience a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.